Inca trail day 2


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Inca Trail
January 25th 2007
Published: February 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I woke up this morning after having a rubbish nights sleep. But the view we witnessed ws again breath taking.
After a lovely breakfast we started again up hill. Everybody was still quite tired from the previous day so the pace was somewhat snail like.

Again the first section was tough and I paced may self and continued my wearing out of my staff. In fact the previous day we had all decided to name our staffs due to the fact that we were going to be so dependant on them. I decided to call mine Yamamoto (it looked and was curved like a samuri sword.) Rachs was Hercules, Johns was Maclain (of die hard fame) and Lindsays was 007.
All very cheesy I know.

We finally by midday made it to dead womans pass (I felt very safe there, for obviouse reasons) The rock formation at this highest peak (4200m) looked rather like a dead woman with rock shaped face and breast - hense the name.

Once reaching this point caesar treated us to some whisky and a bit of a bonding session.

My staff by now had worn so much at the bottom that by this point the wood had split into an afro shape.

We began to decend after Caser gave another preyer into thick fog. I think going down is acctually a lot harder especially on the knees, and considering the conditions of the steps. Denise and Lindsay both tripped and fell at least a couple of times.

After lunch and more up hill we reached another ruin but unfortunatly with the fog we could see any of the views. After another 2 hours of andean flat (small ups and downs) We reached another large ruin (huinay huayna). But by this point I was quite tired and just wanted to reach the camp site.

Once reaching the camp site I crashed for a short while in the tent, cream crackered to say the least. The camp site was again located with another incredible view of the Andeas.

That evening after having had another slap up meal and being Armons (yank) birthday we drank some wine. I had brought up some rum (didnt know what it was at the time) And we had a great laugh, until it all started getting a bit wierd when Caesar with what appeared to be a drinks cabinet hidden in his jacket spent most of the time trying to get the girls drunk and telling us some REALLY personal stories - dont think he can handle his drink.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1022.6kb