Passageway to Machu Picchu


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco
October 17th 2011
Published: October 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Cusco, Peru is not a city for one to pass by on the way to Machu Picchu. It has much more to offer to travelers than merely a place to acclimatize.

During my stay at Cusco, I met many fun and friendly travelers, enjoyed delicious meals, appreciated many forms of art, and splurged on the shopping. Rich in culture, Cusco provides travelers with many activities.

I highly recommend The Point Hostel as it was where I stayed during my visit. The service is great; the location is ideal; and the atmosphere is welcoming. Breakfast is served daily, compliment of the hostel, and dinner is also available for a very reasonable price. Various activities throughout the week, such as beer pong tournaments, pool matches, movie nights, etc. Nightly bar scene with music also included. It is a great way to meet other travelers and get your party on just a bit. Not to mention, it is a short walk to the Plaza de Armas full of eateries, shopping and night life. Couple of the nights there, my friends and I went to Inka House club and had a blast. The music is what it is here at the clubs in the US. Drinks specials are also available. Though small, it is a great place.

Plaza de Armas is your one stop shop. Many great restaurants ranging from casual to "high end". Great breakfast options almost everywhere for 10 soles (about 3-4 US dollars) including, juice, the cocoa tea, an omelette, choice of toast or pancakes, and yogurt. Their juices are to die for! They are made so fresh and does not contain any additives. We ate at Thpanan out on the balcony with a lovely view of the plaza. Anjitos is also another place to check out. They have many dessert options. You really can't go wrong with any restaurants; they are all pretty tasty. And if you are tired of Peruvian food and are looking for something more like home, they have something for you too. Paddy's Pub is an Irish bar with great food and a fun atmosphere. Worth checking out perhaps once. Shopping galore with shops up and down the streets filled with clothing, souvenirs, art pieces and books. One must do thing is to get your hair wrapped. Some of the guys have the most intricate patterns and what the heck, it is the thing to do in Peru.

So go ahead and plan to a trip to Peru and have a blast. You won't regret it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb