Cuzco day 1


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco
June 21st 2011
Published: June 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

We had some of the most ridiculous travel experiences over the last 2 days but were are here now in Cuzco. First we couldn´t get onto the boat in Copacabana to go to Puno. We paid a little extra to take a bus to puno instead. Our bus was supposed to be about a 10 hour ride or so. We got on and road around lake Titicaca until the bolivia-peru border. Our bus driver then decided that he did not want to take the bus into peru and dropped us off in some middle of nowhere town that i´m not sure even had a store. It was especially great because he the bus driver got out and stood outside of the bus without saying a word to anyone until some people started getting out to ask what was happening. Another bus was there headed to Puno but some people ran for it and got in before we could get there. We were thinking that we were going to be pretty screwed until a random car rolled up with someone yelling out the window Puno! Puno! So we got into that car, 5 of us in all (a couple austrailians and a swiss). There was not enough room for all of us so I had to ride in the back.. It was ok but not very comfortable. After a long long ride we finally arrived in Puno at about 940pm. We went to a way too fancy resturaunt with our travel group and we looked really out of place. The resturaunt was hilarious because an old man kept coming up to us and speaking the little english he knew.. So he brought us napkins and laid them on our laps saying ¨"very nice, very nice" to each one of us. We got a decent place to stay for cheap that night. The next day we went to the migrations services and waited an hour to get our passports stamped. Next we got on the bus and began a 12 hour ride to Cuzco. Aparently the normal route is closed due to workers strike. That route would have been 7 hours 😞. The best part about the road to Cuzco was that we were sitting behind the only 2 kids on the bus. One little girl literally was babbling and talking for 12 out of 13 total hours and the other kid was intermittantly quiet and crying-screaming. I think everyone on the bus hated the little girl by about the 6th hour. We finally got into Cuzco at about 1130pm and spent about an hour trying to find a room. There is a festival of the sun going on in here right now so there are a TON of people. We´,re hoping to find a better room tonight. WE leave tomorrow at like 330am for our inca trail trek!! I´m really excited to explore, get some exercise and not have to worry about housing/food logistics. I´m not very good at the keyboards here so thats why I have some intresting punctuation going on. Anyway, I´ll try to upload some pictures soon for you to look at.
Today we´ve just been taking care of some business. We have some laundry going & we are going to meet the travel group at 5. Hopefully we´ll have a little time to check out some festival stuff too! everyone is dressed up and there are cool floats and music!

Well its pretty hard to keep up with posting everything we've been up to & I haven´t had a chance upload pictures in a few days : / hopefully soon!

Advertisement



22nd June 2011

Ride
When you say you "rode in the back", what exactly does that mean? Does it mean you were in a truck bed?
1st July 2011

in the trunk of a station wagon. like the subaru. Me and everyone´s bags, lol

Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb