Wild Cusco


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco
September 4th 2007
Published: September 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Been in Loki Hostel in Cusco for a few days now, and there's been a few big nights. Hooked up with some really fun people from all over the world and been haveing a blast, though pretty much all I've seen so far is the Cusco bar scene.

1st day I was so tired when I arrived but after a bit of sleep ended up drinking with folks in the hostel bar until the wee hours.

2nd day had a bit of a wander around Cusco with some others from the hostel, when we found a place for lunch that served the peruvian specialty of Guinea pig we couldnĀ“t resist. Vinnie from NZ and Harry from NthIreland ordered it and it came out whole, inside and out. Me and Nina from Germany are both vegos so steered clear, but it was so funny looking we all couldnĀ“t stop laughing. I had to try a little tiny piece anyway and, cliched as it may be, it really does taste like chicken.

Hit the town that night with the guys from lunch plus some Israelis that had just showed up. We found a bar with 3 guys playing live blues and covers then moved over to a davnce joint to finish the night off.

3rd day hit the streets with Nina so we could buy a few things before heading to the bus station to arrange our trips to our next stops. Was so good to have a Spanish speaking person along and I got a reasonably priced ticket back to Lima, she did even better with her trip to Arequipa to continue her medical studies.

That night was pub trivia in the hostel bar, and with our team in 2nd last place with one round to go i tok the answer sheet. Last round was 'the simpsons' and we still had our double points card to play. 9/10 correct answers later we were the victors and all won Loki T-shirts, and of course had to go out and celebrate. Luckily all the clubs had their spruikers outthe front waving free drink vouchers and after a few passes we were ready for a very cheap night. The only thing I paid for all night was a bottle of water and the cab home.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb