Things you must know before you visit Machu Picchu


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco
August 8th 2018
Published: August 9th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Located right above the Urubamba River valley, this majestic and beautiful citadel is a must-visit place. An absolute must-go-to site whenever you visit Peru with your Peru tours packages, this iconic beauty, and the structural magnificence of this ancient citadel will blow your mind.

What to know before you head over to Machu Picchu?

If you wish to travel to Machu Picchu, and enjoy the place at its best, here are some things that you should keep in mind:


Get there early:You know what they say, “the early bird gets the worm.” The same stands true for this beautiful place. Since it is a huge tourist attraction, there are loads of people who visit this ancient citadel. Figure out the usual time when it starts to get crowded and plan a trip to enjoy this beauty in peace.
It is Old, be careful:The citadel was built in the 15th Century, and was later abandoned. Now this beautiful citadel has become a hot spot for many travelers. However, owing to its ancient nature, it is advised to be extremely careful during your visit. It is so old that the citadel does not allow you to capture jumping pictures.
There is a museum:If the brilliance of the citadel itself was not enough for you to marvel at, then here is a fun fact. The Citadel has a hidden museum. Although the Museo de Sitio Manuel Chávez Ballón in itself is no secret, it is just hard to get there. To enter the museum, you need to pay an $8 fee in addition to the entry ticket to visit the museum. The museum has many interesting things to keep you entertained.
Traveling options:Although most people prefer trains and hikes to Machu Picchu, there is a third way of getting there as well. You can find a bus from Aguas Calientes and find your way to Machu Picchu. Hikes are fun and are usually the most popular way of reaching Machu Picchu.
You need not hurry: To really enjoy your travel to this marvelous place we recommend you to book your tour and guide before you arrive to Machu Picchu, sure, you can find guides there, but not all of them have the knowledge and experience to show you the classic, and the new theories of many researchers have done about this magnificent citadel. Remember, getting an experienced guide represents the 50 percent to have an amazing experience in your visit to Machu Picchu.
There are no bathrooms or stores once you are inside: Once you enter Machu Picchu, be prepared to find that there are no bathrooms, supply stores or snacks inside. If you want to remain hydrated, bring your own supply of water.


The Machu Picchu tours are amazing and simply breathtaking. With many brilliantly cut stones, light stone walls and many other things, the citadel has been standing for centuries. Giving you an impressive look into the ancient times, this well-preserved citadel offers you an amazing spot to explore something new.

Fabricio Aranda is the author of this article on Peru tours packages. Find more information about Machu Picchu tours.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb