What You Need to Know Before Going for Scuba Diving in the Maldives?


Advertisement
Maldives' flag
Asia » Maldives » Male Atoll
June 20th 2019
Published: June 26th 2019
Edit Blog Post

The Maldives is one of the most captivating archipelagos with 22 coral atolls. It has a collection of around 1100 discrete islands which is located towards the south of the Indian subcontinent. The first thing that comes to anyone's mind when talking about the Maldives is its endless blue, scenic views and amazing beaches.







Its breathtaking natural beauty extends to depths in the ocean. With pristine reefs to teem with its vibrant corals and a myriad of brightly coloured fishes to please your senses, snorkelling and scuba diving in Maldives are the most popular recreational activities.


If you are a diving enthusiast, do not worry, you can assure yourself of the best underwater experience when you are here. With a span over 500 miles, it can provide you quite a thrill when idyllic islands are considered. If you are planning to go for scuba diving, it is essential for you to have a clear idea about the following.


Diving facilities in the Maldives


Each resort provides for scuba divers. All international certifications are accepted. Divers need to bring their C-cards and log books and keep themselves prepared for a check out dive. You will incur costs for dive tanks,

weights and also experienced guidance from a professional. Other than that, these resorts also provide options for snorkeling in Maldives.

It is common for divers to bring their equipment. While regulators, BCDs, masks and computers are available for rent, DIN and international fittings are optional at resorts.


When is the best time to go diving?


Scuba diving in the Maldives is conducted daily all year round. There are rarely any days when diving is cancelled. It, however, is essential to note that there are times when you can experience diving at its best.


The prime season for diving is from December to April. The period around Easter is also favoured. During this time, the resorts are usually fully booked or often overbooked in cases. Because of this, even the prices may be higher.


The European holidays during August can be taken as another little high. If you want lower prices and smaller crowds, you can opt for off-peak periods to go for scuba diving in the Maldives.


Local customs


When you are visiting the Maldives, it is essential that you be aware of some local customs. Travellers need to be mindful that a neat, conservative dress is mandatory. Women should be wearing dresses which extend below their knees. Low-cut tops and tank tops are prohibited. Similarly, men should be dressed appropriately and should not go bare-chested.


No matter the time, the Maldives is a beautiful place to visit. To experience the best it has to offer, you should opt for the peak seasons.


Before going for scuba diving or snorkeling in the Maldives, you should consider both your health and safety. Check the tide tables, water depth and clarity before going diving. With the right planning, your vacation can be an unforgettable time spent by the ocean.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0302s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb