to Peru we flew


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco » Cusco
January 16th 2011
Published: January 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everyone,
That's right, we are currently in Peru! Having spent a few days in Lima, Peru waiting for our bags to do a scenic route, we finally got them. Now we are in Cuzco in the mountains. A beautiful day of hot sunshine in both places, and a bit of rain in Cusco so far. The altitude is 3300 metres above sea level or so. That is over 11000 feet! Did someone turn on the gravity switch? We are feelin' pretty heavy! No other symptoms of altitude acclimatization so we are good to slowly adapt over a few days. No need to take any medicinal treatments at this time, although they say coca tea works well. It is served at every place you go. We had a cup today, so perhaps it worked? Spent the day walking around and seeing the sights at a pace similar to an elephant. Lots of restaurants, internet cafes, outdoor equipment stores, massage therapists - to take care of all us turisticos on our way to see Machu Pichu. Watched some theatrical skits that made everyone laugh. I'm glad, because I have no idea what they were saying! Haha. Dave is doing well with his Spanish. I'm slowly learning a couple words each day. Enjoy the photos of our trip so far.
you Peruvian Gringos
Theresa and Dave


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



19th January 2011

Peru
Theresa and Dave. We have had quite a few friends visit Machu Picchu. They all loved it. They even tried the guinea pig and frog which were some of the more interesting foods there. Have a great trip.
19th January 2011
Morning breaky at Pucllana Hostel in Lima

Lookielikie!!!
Is that u Basil or Sir Bob with his "I don't like Mondays" face on??? xxx
19th January 2011
Central Lima at a park

Doggie Repellant?
Does this discourage dogs from cocking their legs or was it caused by the same??? lol
19th January 2011

Warm weather must be welcome...
I'll bet you are ready for some warm weather after Churchill. Will Dave be back next year in Churchill? Bob
19th January 2011

So great to get word from you...A big piece of me is with you.. wishing I could drink tea with you and laugh an silly theatrical plays. Safe travels you two! Life is treating us well...recharging our batteries daily.
19th January 2011

you get around
You two really do get around the world and must be quite an adjustment from way up north to way down south Have fun and look forward to more pictures Tak e care Sharon
26th January 2011

Back In Churchill
Yes Dave will be back in Churchill, and my offer still stands if you decide to ride the rails..

Tot: 0.219s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 25; qc: 170; dbt: 0.1334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb