so much to do in peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco » Cusco
July 3rd 2010
Published: July 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

my kids are the most draining little things ever. im so exhausted by them but i´m there and i play and i teach and i read to them and they are cute but loud and chaotic and i can only understand like every 5th word they say cuz they speak some mix of quechua and spanish. AH. but i was teaching a girl how to do some dance moves and she LOVED it which was awesome. i´m also freaked though because one of the other volunteers at the after school program with me told me that the kids have fleas and thats why we have red bumps. SO EFFING GROSS. but the doctor assured me that wasn´t the case. then again he prescribed me 50 mg of steroids. so again there is nothing i can do so imma going with the flowing and going to deal with it in 4 weeks.



also, the same girl, megan is really sweet and cool and fluent in spanish and we are thinking of leaving cusco a few days early to fly to lima and then explore the nasca lines, go to pisco, head over to wine country, and see that part of the country then fly home. she is leaving around the same day as brods and i so it would be perfect. we only need to change our flight from cusco to lima a few days earlier and it only costs about 10 bucks to change. it would be SO SO incredible. and we could go to the sand dunes and go sand buggying and boarding if feeling adventurous.



yesterday i took the scariest taxi drive of my life when i was coming home from work alone. the guy was muy muy borracho (drunk) but i didn´t realize until he starts cackling to himself and speeding. then i freaked out. and he went the most backwards way possible and i had to direct him and you know how awful my sense of direction is. oh well. i survived and ran the hell away from that car.



in other news, had a HUGE fight with a girl in my house who completely screwed me over. it was bad. and the whole house turned against her. but then she got mugged and we all called it karma.



in an hour im going horse back riding with 7 ppl from my house around the ruins of sacsaay womaan. it should be super awesome but i´m a little nervous to get on a horse because the last animal i rode was a camel and i didn´t realize how high up you feel and i got a little freaked. im excited anyways. we are going for 4 hours and it only costs $30. i love this country. tomorrow there is this huge soccer match between a cusco and a lima team at the only stadium here so we are going to try and get tickets to go. there is so much to do and so little time!



we are going to buy bus tickets to arequipa this afternoon as well and already booked the hostel.



i have never eaten so many potatoes in my life.



much love to you.

miss you.

emily





Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb