Estoy en Cusco!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco » Cusco
December 30th 2008
Published: January 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

After starting our journey yesterday at 2pm and beginning flights at 6pm and not stopping until 9am this morning we are now FINALLY in Cusco! It was quite an exhausting travel, but I am so excited to be here. We arrived and were driven off to the Maximo Nivel (that´s the orginization we are volunteering through)school for orientation. Everyone was pretty out of it myself included. All i could think about was sleep. We arrived at our home which is about 20 minutes away from Maximo Nivel and the other half of us. Our home stay is amazing, we are with a very nice family Lise, Ivan, Patrick, and Gabriel. Patrick is 12 and knows a little bit of English. Gabriel is 9 and doesn´t but is SO CUTE. We played cards with them and it was fun. Even though we can´t talk to each other very well, we still understood.

So far Peru hasn´t been much of a culture shock, not being able to flush toliet paper is weird, but the family is very "normal", they even have an i-phone. I´m assuming that we will see some different things as the week goes on. The views from our home stay can only be descrived as breathtaking. Any window you look out of on any side of the house is an amazing view of mountains and the city. I need to get some sleep because tomorrow is our first day of service!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb