my quest ; bookingbox


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ayacucho
February 23rd 2007
Published: February 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

carnaval ayacuchocarnaval ayacuchocarnaval ayacucho

here in ayacucho people like to have lots of "fiesta" , so they take every opportunity to do so.
Hello people ,

Since a couple of months i’m building on my project Bookingbox. The project has lots of different sides , its evolving every day and you can follow it all online on our websites.

When i arrived in Peru i had only one goal ; getting my websites online.

After a couple of weeks in a hostal i decided too rent my own place , i found a old colonial house with 2 gardens and 5 rooms , a great place for an art gallery , a social club (garden lounge) and 5 rooms.

I found a first customer ; Jan , the coock of the Dutch resto - hostal “el Gringo” , who was searching for a room ; he rented the blue room , to have a relax place for himself.

Claudio , our Peruvian handymen started working here from day one , there was a lot too do , especially since the house hadn’t been maintained for several years ; the house used to be a culturel center “ Mama Quila Wasi “ , but that was 20 years ago.

In the purple room i made my home and started
our guesthouseour guesthouseour guesthouse

here in ayacucho we have our cultural center , every friday night theres a gathering of local artists , gringos and gringas to play music , talk , drink and enjoy the fun of being together.
with Jonatan , a Peruvian webdesigner , to build our first site. Jonatan started to work here full time , in the beginning we didn’t have furniture , no chairs , no tabel , not even internet connection , … nothing …

But day by day , week by week , we got further.

After a while Jan , the Dutch coock , told me that he was looking for a job , since the resto wasn’t doing that well , so i hired him to be my talent scout in Ayacucho.

The dog , the cat and the turtle were included in the house , the owner moved to Cusco , so i promised to take care of these animals , now their all doing fine , doing what they are used to do , eating , shitting and breathing , but what else can you expect from them.

My homebase is almost set and ready , time to start the great quest for talent ; all Peruvian provinces are full of people with remakable skills ; musicians , painters , sculptors , writers , actors , singers , handymen (crafts and skills) , more
music and artmusic and artmusic and art

here in ayacucho there are lots of talented artists who are willing to perform .
than you can imagine.

Me and my team are ready , our social club is running , every Friday night there are people coming here to talk , to drink , and to play or listen to music , its working.

During my visits to Cusco and Lima i got excited reactions from artists , who want to be on the site , its a gateway to the world for them , the door to possibilities.

The first guests arrived before the rooms where ready , but i’ve managed to give them a nice room (red Indian room) for a discount price. They stayed here for weeks.

More bookings are coming in , the yellow sun room will be turned into a permanent artist atelier for artists in residence, the natural spirit room will be ready soon , the word is spreading , all thing are falling into place

I want to thank all the people who supported me in my quest , leaving Belgium with almost nothing to start a new adventure. Risky business , but its worth while.

Pedro Peru
Founder of the Bookingbox Organisation



Advertisement



26th March 2007

awesome
I am coming to Ayacycho on April 10th to volunteer at the Orphanage, any comments or helpful suggestions,,,thanks Sharon

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb