Nasca Lines, Peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ayacucho » Ayacucho
January 20th 2009
Published: January 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Nazca Lines!!

After an evening of dancing with travelers from around the world in Ica, we over slept, yet was saved by our taxi driver who was banging on our hotel door!!! Haha!! Of course we were not packed and scrambled like zombies from taxi to bus. Once arriving in Nasca we were immediately taken to the airport where we got in a 4 passenger plane. The estimated 2000yr old lines were amazing and we got to see all of them from the air. The Nasca plateau was great too, but unfortunately, the dips and turns were a bit much with no sleep nor air conditioning! Our pictures are none too great, which may have been the reason for rolling stomach Needless to say... I couldnt wait to get the heck on the ground. Both of us kept eyeing the vomit bags praying that we not be a victim. Our pilot kept asking Are you OK... haha!

We then lounged around at a hotel pool and were visited by an friendly turtle. We also discovered that 4 of our new friends were indeed in Nasca as well. We all shared some laughs about other travelers who ideed lost their lunch on the plane. John the butcher and Justeen the New Zealander joined us for and excellent dinner. In Peru the portions are huge and everyting we have eaten has been great. I have ventured to eat a few vegetables here and there which have proven innocent, however John has not been so fortunate.

The Peruvians have been excellent to us. As is usual, there are many people who are incredibly curious about Americans and if their English is well, they have MANY questions about our politics and why we use wood and drywall instead of concrete and brick to build our homes! There are a few folks who are tolerant of the English speaking Gringosis, which include Aussies, Kiwis, Brits, Irish, Americans, but overall there has been no hostility or out right rudeness. I would highly recommend Peru for vacaciones. Our travel agent Omar has also been excellent and reliable.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



20th January 2009

Shaving?
LJ are you no longer shaving since you started traveling??? haha
22nd January 2009

so excited
I am so excited to check your blog! This is the closest thing to traveling that I will get to do for a few years. But I have one question... Is that turtle real?
22nd January 2009

awesome
The pics are awesome but I think I would have had a hard time getting in a 4 passenger plane!!! Good luck, this site is great! Safe travels! :)
24th January 2009

what is for dinner?
hey guys - i've just caught up with everything from the travel blog. all my best... i'll live vicarious through you as i only get to navigate the corporate jungle. yee-ha!
24th January 2009

where u b?
HOLA did you go to mancora yet? i was born there!
24th January 2009

Aliens
The lines you see from your plane are just further evidence that these patterns you see where created by some terrestrial being - this is really big in Europe - whats the odds you would come across something like this ? Isuppose these could be roads but, be very careful......... Enjoy your travels where ever you two go.
26th January 2009

Bones Airlines
Hey there kiddies, Im sorry I've been slow to post this semester is proving to be way worse than last. Anyway, Im impressed with these hotels they look really prime,,,, right out of Nat Geo Travel Magazine! Were the lines created by ancient travelers or what exactly? Bones eating veggies....Im buying stock in Peruvian Immodium. -Mikey
1st May 2009

Missing you guys!
I'm missing you down in Helvetia. Maple syrup was fun and Ramps too......it may all be coming to an end soon tho. Sounds like you are having the time of your life.....thats' what i'ts all about kiddies!!! I'll be checking back every now and again. Stay safe. Cheers, Pat

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb