Calca Canyon


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Arequipa » Colca Canyon
July 6th 2008
Published: July 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We had a really early start today. We went to a place were we would be able to see Condors. It waw really cold and we waited about an hour only to see condors in the very distance. When we were just about to leave the Condors began to fly right near us! We were in a perfect location because we had some of the condors fly right above our heads and two landed just in front of us. They were really impressive they are abiut a meter tall and have a wing span of about 3 meters.

Later than moring we went for a walk past the Calca Canyon valley. Most of the walk was falt but some of it was uphill which again was a bit of a struggle!

In the afternoon which just spent some time relaxing outside in the hammocks! Although I did get hassled a bit by a lama that decieded that it walked to keep walking over to me and then sit right next to me! I was a bit worried because it had spat at someone earlier!

That evening we went to some nearby hot springs! It was really cold outside, the hot springs were really nice, they were about 35 degrees, once we were in we didnt want to get out but there were a few of diffrent temperatures so we got out and quickly went to the different hot springs!

We also tried a Pisco sour made with the fruit from the cactus plant! That was really nice, I think I liked it more than the Lemon pisco sours!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb