Peru - day 7 - colca canyon, hot springs


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Arequipa » Colca Canyon
June 13th 2008
Published: June 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

On the way to Cruz del CondorOn the way to Cruz del CondorOn the way to Cruz del Condor

I SWEAR that this is a real photo. It was incredible.
So we had a 5am wakeup call today, had breakfast at 5:30, and piled on the bus at 6am for a two hour drive to the condor del cruz... um.. somthing like that. I had forgotten to mention that our little "walk" yesterday had an elevation gain of 400m, and peaked at 4000m ASL.

We hung out at the Condor place and saw a bunch, my photos were not great, but I will post some later. After the condor viewing, we hopped on the bus for another 15mins and took another 1h30 mins walk along the edge of the canyon. The views were spectacular, and the weather could not have been better for the trip, it was nice and sunny and warm. I do not have enough time now to do it justice, but we walked through the active farmland around the valley. Lots of great views.

After that, we headed back into Chivay for a bit to have lunch, then took some time at the hotel to get our stuff together for a trip to the hot springs just outside Chivay. It was great to have a nice relaxing swim, and a pisco sour in the pool. Yum!
Colca Canyon PanoramaColca Canyon PanoramaColca Canyon Panorama

This canyon is about 3km deep. That's deep.


After the hot springs, we headed back to Chivay for a great meal and some local dancers for entertainment, load of fun, and some funny stories to be added later!

Tomorrow we get up and leave at 8am for Puno, a 5 hour drive.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0683s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb