PERU...to travel with the Cloud


Advertisement
South America » Peru » Arequipa » Arequipa
November 16th 2015
Published: November 16th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We had Christmas with our son Simon in Canada...a road trip through Utah & Arizona during a polar vortex ending staying with Home & Away in Colorado...another road trip down the Blues Highway from Memphis BB King's Blues Club to New Orleans juke joints...schmoozing, bluesing & cruising the Caribbean with those darn Binkleys. It's time for our South American leg that we only added to meet Tara Clo... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 105, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




16th November 2015

Living the life!
North - South, and somewhere in between. You are really getting to see the Americas! Dancing, swinging, singing and laughing, and now flying with the condors. I shall be looking forward to your adventures in S. America... Some salsa, some tango, a bit of the mambo and the merengue, I am sure I will see and read about all of it.
16th November 2015

Living the life!
What a privilege to be able to share the thrills and spills vicariously Ralf as we stumble and rumble...dance and prance...or is it soar and roar...through South America. Enjoy the ride...and thanks for the tip...we'll look forward to the merengue!
16th November 2015

At last!
I have been looking forward the to South American chapter of these travels for some time. I can't wait to read about your adventures. What a treat to be able to meet Tara too!
16th November 2015

At last!
I've been busting to tell the tales too Rachael. All I'll say is it'll be quite a ride!
16th November 2015
Silencio

Silencio!
I love this photo....I think "Silencio" is more a suggestion than a hard and fast rule :-)
16th November 2015
Silencio

Silencio!
Don't know the Spanish for "suggestion"...don't know the Spanish for "hard and fast rule". But there are some things I do know Rachael. But that's another story!
18th November 2015
Silencio

Doing the South American Two-Step!
Great to meet you two dancers down here, and thanks so much for being my sherpas! I love my new camera, and I especially love the fabric band-aids that stay on sweaty, blistered feet! So glad to get you those window seat for Andes flying. And indeed Silencio just couldn't be followed when Denise and I finally met. Looking forward to your further adventures.
18th November 2015

South America Chapters
You've always enjoyed exploring South America. I believe Dave and I ate in that restaurant in Arequipa. I'll have to look up the name or we can compare photos. I'm glad S.A. held so many adventures and surprises. Eager to read more.
18th November 2015

Chicha por Gaston Acurio
This Sth American section of the trip was a revelation full of surprises in so many ways ...a magnificent dessert after our 10 days of schmoozing, bluesing & cruising with you guys. Be it Zig Zag or Chicha por Gaston Acurio the gastronomical delights were our first taste of why Peru is highly regarded for its fusion cuisine. We spent some time with a high end chef from Europe who was in Peru to explore this aspect. Let me know if you ate at one of these top spots in Arequipa.
19th November 2015
Searching for Enlightenment

This one
Not the only nice pic, but the one that I remember most. Holy Trinity. -:)
19th November 2015
Searching for Enlightenment

This one
Gotta agree Peter...the sunset, hands held out in grace, and a bird on the head with another to meet the outstretched hand. Anyway that's how I saw it!
19th November 2015

Great story
I loved Arequipa a lot. Love the monastery and the market. But the best place must be the plaza. Good to see you there and enjoy.
19th November 2015

Great story
Good to hear from you Welf. You had a bit of a love story in many ways in this part of the World. Hope you follow the ride I will lead you on. Love that in TB we can go to the same places as others but our experiences can be so so different. And that we can share them in the ether...WOW!
8th December 2015

Meeting the TB family
You're meeting the whole TB family all across the world, one day perhaps our paths will cross as well.
8th December 2015

Meeting the TB family
You are on my wish list Per-Olof so looking forward to when it can happen.
27th January 2016

Soaring where the winds take you
The storm before the calm - the magical freedom of being itineraryless - soaring on the thermals = a blank canvas for adventure. Just as well I wasn't born in Peru - not sure I would have done so well in a convent!
27th January 2016

Soaring where the winds take you
But dark clouds were gathering. A storm was brewing. Then the storm hit. Left us shocked and confused. Sounds like Trouble was about. But where you Jo? Where were you when we needed you most? Well...you'll have to read on to find out all about it!!!

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 17; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0556s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb