Arequipa, Peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Arequipa » Arequipa
October 16th 2009
Published: October 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The flight over the Nazca lines yesterday was great. The plane held 6 people and veered from left to right to ensure that everyone in the plane got a chance to see each of the lines. The pilot also spoke a little English so he was able to point out to us what we should be seeing. At first they were hard to spot, but it got easier once you knew what you were looking for. Some are absolutely enormous! I tried to take pictures of them all, but I'm not sure any have come out too well through the plane windows!

Last night we went out for an amazing traditionally cooked Peruvian meal - cooked on hot stones in a pit in the ground and covered with banana leaves and earth. Kind of like a Moari hangi, and just as delicious.

Afterwards we took a nightbus to Arequipa, which barely any of us managed to sleep on, so today most of us have tried to grab some sleep during the day to keep us going. I've wandered around the town a bit today, but most of the churches and cathedrals were closed as it was the middle of the day. There's some interesting architecture though, which we bumped into while looking for a chocolate factory which Fernando told us about, but wasn't where it was supposed to be on the map!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb