Brian in Peru...


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Arequipa » Arequipa
February 14th 2009
Published: February 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey all...

Sorry if I havnt been in contact with people lately but been out and about...

So finally got to Peru after getting stuck in Dublin airport on Thursday and the flight was eventually canceled on Thursday and when we flew out on Friday we were three hours late so I missed my connection to Lima so had to stay overnight n Atlanta and then flew the next day... So it took three days to get there but all good...

Lima was a really bustling city but really spread out... spent four days there chilling out and having a look around but no much really to see so headed south to a place called Arequipa....

Way better than Lima.... much more relaxed and a lot fun... The trip was about 15 hours on bus over night and woke to a lot of desert that just went on forever.. pretty spectacular.. felt like I was in the sahara but happy to be in a bus... 😊 the hostal is pretty relaxed and have met some good people...cycled down the side of a volcanic mountain yesterday which was a lot of fun but the weather was crap (felt very Irish} so couldnt see any of the scenery on the way down... had about 2 feet of visibility in some places which made the ride that little more interesting. Had a couple of amazing crashes so am a bit sore today...

Met a few people so have been hanging out with them and having a look around.

Going to go trekking into a canyon in the next couple of days for a couple of nights and then going to head towards Machu Pichu and Cusco... Havent been able to get into a computer to upload photos and havent got that many yet but will do soon.

Hope everyones good and speak to you all soon...

Be good

B

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb