Nasca And The White City


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Arequipa » Arequipa
April 6th 2008
Published: April 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So after my last blog i went and got an omlette and then sat in the cafe reading for two hours and so that was two hours down and then i went for a walk and met Carolina a danish girl from the previous hostel.

We sat and chatted about our mutual trips and she was killing time till her bus at 8pm to Cusco and she is from Cophagen and i told her about my danish girlfreind and then we went to the park in nascar and chatted some more and then some local kids tried talking to us and we both used our bad spanglish.

Then we headed to the bus terminal and i met this aussie couple who were on the danish girls bus and we all chatted about our travels and watched the simpsons, i then headed to my bus terminal and the bus ended up being an hour late, but i was glad it was there so i could go to sleep.

I had a semi cama seat as appose to a full cama, but i did end up getting some sleep so it worked out ok, i woke up to a roll with ham and yes i hate to do it but i was hungry so i took the ham out and eat the roll and then i had a cup of tea and then they had the movie madagascar on which was cool and followed by the shooter but we stopped before the end of that, at one stage we stopped for an hour in traffic as two buss had collied and it was not pretty and im glad i was not on either bus.

When i got off the bus i bumped into a guy from the US called adam and he like me had nothing booked and we bumped into an english couple Tanya and Ed and Ed is from Bromsgrove were i was born so small world, so me and adam got a taxi with tanya and ed and went to there hostel and me and Adam got a double for 14 soles each which is cool. tany and Ed went for something to eat and then after i had showered me and adam headed out and we chatted and visited the catherdral and Arequippa is called the white city because the old colonial buildings are made of sillar white volcanic stone and we grabbed a bite to eat and adam changed his flight dates and then we went to the santa catalin museo and had a film and guided tour of the musuem which features items found from volcano sacrifices and a frozen child sacr9ifice called sarita, juantia the most famous is away in the lab of the local uni.

14 child sacrfices have been found in Peru and severl in argentina and chile as the Inca empire at one stage went that far, all the kids were under 16 and educated in cusco and had to be perfect and not deformed and we saw the clothes and pottery they used and counting sytems and writting sytems and it was very intresting.

Me and Adam headed back and tomorrow we will see if we can trek Colca Canyon ourselves as appose to an expensive tour and maybe tanya and ed will come with us.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0625s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb