Navidad In Ayapata...


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Arequipa » Arequipa
December 18th 2007
Published: December 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

On 19th December we will travel to Ayapata to play Mr & Mrs Claus for the children who live in the moutains around Ayapata. These children will not be expecting Santa nevermind Christmas of any kind, so they will be very surprised to be invited for a Christmas party! We will buy cake for families, cars for boys and dolls for girls and we are hoping if the money stretches that we can get t-shirts printed up for the occassion! Can´t wait! If anyone wants to make a contribution to this Christmas fund, you can contact my mammy and she can lodge money into special account I opened for donations!
Our journey begins at 5am leaving Arequipa to go to Juliaca on a 5/6 hour bus journey to buy the toys and cakes we need for our party! We will stay for possibly 2 nights before getting another bus to Ayapata, a further 6 hours journey with Wayra´s nephew, Hugo and a good friend, Inti.
Once we arrive we will be preparing the home for this huge Christmas party, which will probably be over 2 days so we can cater for the most children possible! We need to broadcast on the local radio so the children know about it and then its Jingle Bells all the way! Wish us luck!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0705s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb