Amazon Continued


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Amazonas
October 28th 2016
Published: October 28th 2016
Edit Blog Post

The next morning we had a trip to Nauta, the local town. We had free time for a wander but it was so hot most of us went for ice cream. Then we took 15 tuk tuks on a tour around town. On the way we stopped to look at giant turtles and fish and fed them bread. One of the couples had a stowaway on their tuk tuk which was funny. The kid had clearly done it before as he ran alongside and jumped on the back as we were moving. He got off just as easily.

In the evening we went wildlife spotting in the skiff until well after dark. Our enthusiastic guide jumped overboard caught a baby caiman (croc) for us to examine. The other boat saw more monkeys but no caiman.

The next day was a pre breakfast cruise and then picnic breakfast on the boat. Our guide stopped and bough some ore cut palm tree so we could eat heart of palm. Then we took a jungle walk in search of turtles and anaconda. No luck but i did drink out of a vine, I'm feeling very Bear Grylls this trip. Following this we took a cruise down river and then had a swim in one of the tributaries with pink dolphins! No photos of that one as I was in the water being nibbled on by sardines.

In the afternoon we visited a local shaman and learned about the ayahuasca plant which helps them go into hallucinogenic trances. We smelt various concoctions, asked lots of questions and had a cleansing ceremony.

In the evening there was another spectacular sunset.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0641s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb