Paraguay


Advertisement
Paraguay's flag
South America » Paraguay » Ciudad del Este
February 4th 2009
Published: March 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well Paraguay was pretty nuts. We got off just before the Brazilian border, then walked along the bridge into Ciudad del Este. Full of markets and stalls and shopping centres selling cheap electrical goods. We got a few little bits and pieces, then busted everyone´s chops trying to obtain nice crisp banknotes as we been collecting them from each country we been to so far. Getting back into Brazil was quite interesting as we were only granted 40 days on our new entry stamp. After some negotiating with the border police, they were able to change it to 60 days. Ideally you can just get a bus from Foz di Iguacu straight into Ciudad del Este without messing around with passports, however we wanted our Paraguay stamp. So if anyone else plans to go to Paraguay for the day from Foz do Iguacu and is determined to get theri passport stamped, beware that you run the risk of getting fewer days when you come back to Brazil. In fact we met other travellers who done the same and also got 40 days, which I guess is OK if you don´t plan on being in Brazil any longer.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0897s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb