Things I've learnt in Asunción - 12 Nov 2010


Advertisement
Paraguay's flag
South America » Paraguay » Asunciòn
November 12th 2010
Published: November 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Wow a bonus two posts this week - to make up for no blog last week! Here are more things I've learnt in Asunción - the early theme is "Old Skool".

People still use typewriters...I couldn't believe it as I watched the lady in the Escribanía (what is that in English, solicitor/public notary?) knock something up on the typewriter. I honestly have never seen somebody use a typewriter in real life before!

Notes under rocks work...when you girlfriend's mobile has died and you don't want to wait outside her house in the cold (well you know 21c) - just leave a note under a rock and wait in the place you said you'll be. Who needs SMS!

You can always pay tomorrow...if you have a 100.000 note that nobody ever has change for, just give what you have and pay the difference the next day. It is a beautiful trust system that I can't imagine would work in London.

I don't have sufficient founds...I think the ATM wanted to say "funds"

Cheaters do prosper...the Colorado Party cheated in Sunday's elections and won (not that anybody was bothered to do anything about it, not surprising considering the 19%!t(MISSING)urnout). They had more votes 90.745 to 88.298 - but there were another 4.573 votes for a candidate who shouldn't have been on the ballot paper as he withdrew from the race more than 2 weeks ago. He withdrew to be part of the alliance with the 88.298 votes candidate but the head of the elections committee is a member of the Colorado Party so he never got taken off the ballot paper. Do the math and you see who the real winner should be!

The show must go on ALWAYS...the other night on Baila Conmigo Paraguay (basically it's Strictly but tacky) Miss Tanga 2010 Karen Brizuela's top came loose during her routine making her look a right tit (I mean making us all look at her right - anyway you get it) - but did she stop for a moment, oh no she continued and was applauded by the judges who agreed the show must always go on. Oh yes it must. Definitely the best moment of that awful programme so far!

Question of the Week
"Do you think that will come out?" - Carmen's sister after she managed to crash into a parked car. Yes those scratches will come out, after you pay £100!!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0628s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb