Orealla


Advertisement
Guyana's flag
South America » Guyana » Orealla
September 25th 2007
Published: September 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

GirlsGirlsGirls

Enjoying the black water creek at Madewini
I visited Orealla twice in a year. Quite a feat as it's a two hour mini-bus drive to Corriverton, then a five or so hour boat trip down the Correntyne River to reach Orealla, a small Amerindian village.

Orealla is truly beautiful. I saw some of the most amazing sunsets and sun rises in my two weekends there. The people are so friendly and will welcome you into their village, show you around, explain their traditions and take a cold beer with you, well, when the ice has come in from Suriname! Bathing in the Correntyne River is magical; the cold black water, suprising currents, women washing clothes at the riverside and tiny Amerindian children swimming with you.

You can climb the hill to upper Orealla and witness the amazing views for yourself. Daredevils may like to climb the "white cliffs of Orealla", clearly visible when you arrive there on the village boat. Orealla has a lovely clean guest house, with toilets, shower room and other facilities such as a stove that the kind residents will be willing to lend you.

Orealla is quiet, tranquil and beautiful. The perfect place for a weekend away from it all. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb