No Work for Me


Advertisement
Guyana's flag
South America » Guyana » Georgetown
March 4th 2007
Published: March 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The team headed for the Pakaraimas left at 4 a.m. this morning. After another lazy morning, Stan, Terrance, Dad, and I took a taxi to the Public hospital to speak with Dr. Rangel about the upcoming surgeries. We returned to the hotel where we met up with Radeck, who is from Guyana originally, his wife Rebecca, and their nine year old adopted Guyanese daughter, Michaela. They live in Canada but are down here visiting and will be helping out since they know the area. He does something to do with teeth and she is an RN in women’s health. They left after lunch, as did Stan and Terrence who are flying to Lethem. Jenny, who I met very briefly a couple days ago, arrived to take us to Mercy Hospital where Dad has been working. Like Dad, she repairs many things mechanical and electrical. I also met Sister Sheila, an American who runs Mercy Hospital. I was surprised to find that Mercy Hospital is in even worse shape than the Public Hospital. Jenny and Dad worked for a couple hours and then we left for the hotel and our usual routine.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0176s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1011.4kb