Immerse Yourself in a Study Vacation in Ecuador


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador
August 9th 2019
Published: August 9th 2019
Edit Blog Post

The notion of taking a vacation each year is firmly entrenched in our culture and society. Thus, each spring individuals and families begin to think about where they would like to go and what they would like to do on their annual vacation.



For many, the beach is a big draw, with the idea of spending a week or two lying in the sun and letting the regular daily routine slip away for a while. For others, trips to the mountains for hiking and other outdoor activities are the preferred way of leaving the daily grind behind.



But there are others who seek more intellectual stimulation and immersion in a new culture and surroundings as a means of refreshing their brains before returning to their daily routine for another year.



For such persons, a language study program in a foreign country is an obvious choice. And the Spanish language is often the first option as it is growing in daily usage across North America. With South and Central America so close by, traveling to one of these countries to learn Spanish and explore their culture is a popular choice.



Yanapuma Spanish School in Ecuador is one of the primary providers of Spanish language study programs for foreigners visiting the country. While summer is often the busiest time of the year for visiting students, in reality people arrive all year round to take a study break of one to four weeks or more. With Spanish schools in the cosmopolitan capital city Quito as well as the quiet colonial town of Cuenca in the south of the country, Yanapuma offers experiences and programs for all tastes, all ages of students and all language levels.



In addition to just regular Spanish classes in the morning or afternoon, there is a “Quito Cultural” or “Cuenca Cultural” program that combines Spanish classes with visits to places of cultural and historical interest around those cities with a teacher. Thus students have the option to combine learning Spanish with more touristic pursuits for a real immersion experience. Alternatively, more socially-minded students may choose to volunteer while they are also learning Spanish in any of a variety of centers that cater to less fortunate populations in Quito or Cuenca.



In either case, students can stay with a local host family to make their time in Ecuador a total immersion experience, learning more about the traditional culture of the Andes Mountains. Host families are outgoing and social people who enjoy receiving strangers into their homes and sharing their culture while learning about the visitor’s own culture.



Another option for language study is any of Yanapuma’s “Study and Travel” programs that offer the chance to explore other parts of Ecuador with a teacher. Students can travel through the Andes Mountains, explore the Amazon rain forest and cloud forests or visit the Pacific coast to learn about the culture and environment of these beautiful places while they also learn Spanish.



Finally, students will have the chance to visit the unparalleled Galapagos Islands on one of the island-hopping tours that are offered to crown any visit to Ecuador. These tours last from 5 to 10 days and are the most economical way to travel around the islands and get to see some of the greatest sites to see there.



All in all, a language-learning vacation with Yanapuma Spanish School offers an engaging and satisfying way to spend a very profitable vacation exploring the relatively small country of Ecuador in South America.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.619s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb