Babahoyo


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador
September 22nd 2006
Published: November 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

On the bus ... On the bus ... On the bus ...

Ok we look like crap but we were on a bus for 8 hours give us a break!!!
When Miriam invited me to go to Babahoyo with her, I was pumped. I really wanted to go to the Coast area. She has some friends there, because she lived there for a bit a couple years ago. So we got on the bus friday night after work, and got there at about 4h or 5hish am. We went to sleep and got woken up by the effin roosters. I tell you all the small towns have billions of roosters everywhere. Its out of control. But yeah that morning we got up, had some good breaky (typical breakfast from the coast, eggs, some corn pancake contraption and fried platanos). I love food from the coast. Everything is so much better there i dont know why. But yeah we had breakfast, got ready, and headed out. Miriams friends that we stayed with, own a rooster fighting business. So we went to check that out. So many people are into that shit, its unbelievable. They made so much money in one day, it was packed. I really wanted to see what it was like, cuz i had never seen a rooster fight before. Ok, now i know why its illegal in Canada. I am scard for the rest of my life. It was sooooooo SAD!!! They train them to fight all their life, so they are unhappy its so sad... ahhwwwwww no me gusta!!!! I really didnt like it. We went cuz it was free cuz Miriam knew the people that owned it, but yeah we stayed for like 2 minutes of the fight. Either of us could handle it. It was brutal. And then all the men are like cheering like crazy. But i mean it was interesting to see that, because it is very popular here, and especially in small towns. So after that we went to visit in the town, theres not much to see. But since its a small city that doesnt receive alot of tourism, EVERYONE was looking at me like i was some strange alien from another galaxie or some shit like that... haha but its ok im used to it, just not to that extent. Anyways we found a KFC in the middle of frigging Babahoyo, it was hilarious, huge KFC with like techno music playing so loud outside with people dancing in costumes... ok kinda crazy. So that day we hung out with some friends who dont speak any English by the way... Miriam was my only source of English for the whole trip. Oh and people can drink anywhere here, like on the side of the street beside some random convinience store. We just pulled up some chairs and drank there, it was pretty... interesting. But yeah after that we got ready to go out, because it was the fiesta for the virgin of mary or something like that.. i dont know but it was an excuse for a huge party!! Everyone was out that night. Young, old... everyone. We went to some party on the top of some roof, it was pretty ok, danced all night and had fun. It was all people our age there so it was cool. People from the coast dance alot of salsa and regetton... way more than in the highlands. Theres so much energy there. Its really cool. I enjoyed my trip to Babahoyo, even though i was sweating like a mofo because it was so effin hot i had to take like 2 showers in one day. But so worth it, and the food... yummm... if i lived there i would gain like 30 pounds in one week. Soooo goooooooooood!!! Ok chow for now!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.245s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 11; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0625s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb