Ecuador


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » West » Montañita
December 2nd 2014
Published: December 3rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Montanita - Day 9



After a breakfast of fresh fruits and pastries, we moved to Comuno Montanita Hosteleria further up the beach. It's a little further to walk to town, but the beach here is very quiet and private. Rather than a room, we have a little cabin with a thatched roof. The roof rafters and the porch posts are all bamboo. There is a hammock on the front porch so Bob is happy! We can look out the front door and see the ocean. It has Internet, hot water, and is very clean. And best of all, there is a very friendly black dog here.



Today was a very relaxing day. We walked the beach, spent some time in town. Had a late lunch again at el Sazon Guayaco. Today they included a big bowl of chicken or fish soup with their set lunch. Delicious! Dogs kept wandering in the restaurant, and the owner kept chasing them out.



People are in the Christmas mode here. Trees and decorations are up all over. Cooler walking the beach tonight, very few people out. We picked up fruit and pastries again. The bakery lady knows us now! As usual, many dogs out, as well as a few cats. Many stores and cafes had a TV blaring with a soccer game, big groups cheering in front.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



3rd December 2014

Great hostel!
Your cabin at Comuno Montanita is adorable! Looks like you have found a bit of Ecuadorian paradise! Was this a 7 out of 10 hammock, Bob? Continued happy travels. Gail and Richard
4th December 2014

Good spot to relax!
Bob says it's an 8 out of 10!

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb