Montañita or montanita?? Any way I got some much fun there


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » West » Montañita
February 15th 2012
Published: February 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Montanita is the perfect town to hangout for a while. It´s got beach, good surf and a very good nightlife. Lots of bars, restaurant and a very nice cocktailbar alley. Lots of things to do over there and in half an hour you can be in the rainforest if you like. There is a great mix of people from all over the world and from all walks of life. The vibe is absolutely Relaxed with a big R. If you visit Ecuador, than this is a ´must go´. Although there are a lot of tourists and backpackers, it doesn´t feel too touristic. The town is one of a kind and you just feel good if you´re hanging out there.
I have stayed for a week with my wife and it was good fun. We decided to learn some Spanish and turned out to be a perfect choice. We went to Mar Azul, just outside the center. It´s a smaller school than the one in the center, but from what I have heard from that place in relation to our experience with Mar Azul, it´s not a difficult choice where to go to. We had private lessons from Gaby (she is the owner) for 6 dollars per person per hour. We did 5 times 2 hours, which was perfect for us. It really made the difference between talking with your hands, (which takes long sometimes) and just asking for what you need, or actually being able to have a conversation in Spanish. The atmosphere in the school is quiet and nice. Most of the time outside.
Gaby was really nice and patient with us (was necessary sometimes :-) But it was good to learn in your own pace and focus on some things we would specifically like to learn. After two lessons we were practicing everything we learned and also having conversations about Ecuador and Holland (where we are from) at the same time. This was very nice, because it didn´t feel like being in a classroom and just learning lines at all. It was a good experience, we have learned al lot and it made the rest of our trip more comfortable communication wise.

Cheers,

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb