Montañita


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » West » Montañita
March 1st 2010
Published: March 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone!

We apologize for the late update of this travel blog. When we came to Arica it was so nice to just relax, put your backpack down and not have to move it for a coule of weeks. We have taken a short break in travelling and "lived" a little bit which was just what we needed.

After having travelled around in Peru for about 2 weeks we met up with Sebastian (DX) and his cousins at the airport in Lima. From there we had a flight booked to Guayaquil, Ecuador. About 3,5 hours with bus from Guayaquil, right by the sea, is Montañita. A little surfers village, quite touristic, but still very charming. We spent an extremely relaxed week there, we went to the beach during the day and enjoyed the many restaurants and bars at night. We also found the place that makes the best passion fruit juice in the world! We had so many fruit juices there that I can't even count them.
The peolpe we went with are all very nice, we've been spending a lot of time with them here in Arica too.
At arrival in Montañita were we a group of 11 people and therefore it was quite hard to find accomodation for all of us. Luckily we found a man that had a house just outside of Montañita (and when I say outside, I mean the 200 meters you had to walk from the city centre. That's about how big the Montañita is), which was perfect for us.
The weather was immaculate and the water was warm enough to stay in for hours, if you could stand the salt.

Other that this, I have nothing extremely exciting to tell you from Montañita. It was a calm week, but we LOVED it, and we LOVED the village and will definately come back some day.

Thank you for reading.

Lots of love / Lina & Jonna

PS. If you want to leave a comment, write your name so that we know who it's from, otherwise we can't see that (or at least I haven't figured out how to see that). DS.

Advertisement



2nd March 2010

General question
I am thinking about taking a guided tour of the following. Did you go into these areas? Do you know if mosquitos are bad? I'm thinking about going early May but fear a rainy season. I can't find anyone who has been there so your help is appreciated. 1 USA/Quito 2 Quito & Otavalo 3 Otavalo Excursion & Papallacta 4 Papallacta & Amazon 5 Amazon 6 Baños & Patate 7 Cotopaxi & Quito 8 Quito/USA

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb