Beach time on the coast


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » West » Montañita
August 1st 2008
Published: August 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Since my last posting, we have since left the rainforest, returned to Quito for a few days of rest, and have been traveling the coast for the last week. Our first stop was Kanoa, a quiet surf town about 9 hours from Quito. We spent 3 daYS HERE, soaking up the sun, surfing, and lounging in the hammocks outside our bungalow hostel. We stayed in a really cute place called Hotel Bambu, located right on the beach. Met a number of interesting people from several countries, including Switzerland, Germany, and the US. We met a few American girls who had been there for a few years and had opened the first school in Kanoa. The people we have met have all had interesting stories to tell about their travels, gap years, and such. We are now in a town called Montanita, known as the party capital of the coast. The town is cute, filled with surf shops, boutiques, restaurants, hotels, and clubs. We plan to head out to Playas tomorrow to watch a guy we met in Kanoa compete in a big surf competition tomorrow. Should be fun. I will update more when I return to Quito next week. This computer is horrible- really tough to type on.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0301s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb