Beaches


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » West » Montañita
May 30th 2007
Published: May 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Helloooo there,

Have spent the last few weeks since we finished volunteering on the cost. Took an 11 hour bus from quito down to Puerto Lopez (although due to a truck getting tipped over by a landslide it too bout 13hrs). Puerto Lopez is basically a very small fishing town not much to do apart from the marine national park about 10 miles north. First day we spent on the beach, which was practically deserted! both managed to get sunburnt me the front of my legs from ankles to knees and aimee the back of her knees. Took a day trip to Isla de Plata, which is basically a poor man´s Galapagos. Loads of birds there, mainly different types of boobies (blue footed ones are definitely the best.) also loads of frigate birds and few more vultures. after this went back to the boat for a bit of lunch and three green turtles appeared which was pretty damn spectacular!! Fed them a bit of water melon and then headed off to do some snorkeling. Again pretty amazing the reef was only green and gray coral, but the fish were huge. Boat back was pretty rough, aimee went quite a nice shade of green, but all good!

Aimee spent the rest of the week with an upset stomach in bed, so I just chilled. Then when she was better on the Thursday, we headed down the coast to a beach on the national park, so much cleaner than where all the fishing boats are in Puerto Lopez. Spent a few hours there and got sunburnt again!!

Friday headed off to montanita, bit more lively, a surfing beach with a good party atmosphere. Got there to find out it was a holiday weekend and all the hostels were either full or charging about $15 a night. Managed to find a cheap place just outside the center. Both kinda missed the partying on the weekend friday nite i had bit of a migrane so headed home at about 10.30 then on saturday, was again well up for it and hit the booze but unfortunately aimee hit it a bit hard and was passed out in bed by about 11. Rubbish!! Town has been really quiet since sunday, have moved hostals twice once to a place nearer the centre of town but as we had a private room we were on the top floor and there wasn´t enough water pressure to get to our bathroom. Now in a place called juancho´s, pretty good place have a very cheap bar and show movies most evenings.

Yesterday ainee started to get bit ill again, this time quite bad so decided to take her to a doctor, got the bus up to the nearest medical centre where luckily there was an english speaking doctor. after doing the usual tests he decided to put her on a IV drip as she was so dehydrated, which with aimee´s fear on needles was not too welcome. But all went okay, with a few tears . But u gotta say that aimee was lucky that she had me as such a supporting boyfriend, he he. Anyways aimee got some antibiotics in her drip then went we got sent off with a pretty hefty prescription over the next week. But she´s feeling better allready so cant complain. The whole doctors appointment only cost us about five pounds! Bargain!!!

Spending the rest of the week here to see my birthday in with the full moon party this weekend, then heading off to Banos.

Peace out






Advertisement



1st June 2007

sounds good
Hi Mate, Sorry to hear that Ainee has been ill but she is so lucky to have someone like you for support.Sounds like they have a better health service than ours even though you had to pay. Now that your free to explore, when are you going to visit that demolition site ha ha? post some photos see if they match stalag Oxford yet. Take car have fun, Migrane ye and pigs fly sog
5th June 2007

Not been down to the demolition site yet, still got a month of peru to go yet. All good though just had two weeks on the beach for my birthday. I hear since i left that productivity has plummeted majorly, can it be that i´m the motivating force behing outbound logistics!!

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb