Guayaquil


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » West » Guayaquil
November 2nd 2006
Published: November 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

For this long weekend, we decided to go to Montanita (beach). So thursday morning, our first day off, i took a plane from Quito to Guayaquil. It was the most beautiful flight of my life. It was perfectly clear. I got to see Cotopaxi and Chimbarazo. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo gorgeous!! (Cotopaxi is the highest active volcano in Ecuador and Chimbarazo one of the biggest inactive volcano in like South America). So the flight was only like 30 minutes. It definetly beats ridding the bus for like 10 hours. Although it is a beautiful drive! So when I got to Guayaquil, I met up with Darren there and we went to visit Carlos (my ex roomate here in Quito). He showed us around town, we took a tour of the city in a double decker bus. Sooo much fun!! And we walked around in the Malcone 2000 and the Malcone 1900 (those are ports). And we visited the Iguana park, there are like hundreds of Iguanas free in the city, along with turtles (some Galapagos Turtles) and plenty of fish. Holly, i got to hold a Galapagos Turtle. It was amazing its so beautiful, that made my day! After our tour, we got some seafood. Cuz the coast is like known for its seafood... it was delicious. That night we went out, but there was NADA in town, like nothing everyone was gone at the beach, so we just stayed out a bit and then went home, we were on our way to Montanita the next morning at like 10hish. Great day in Guayaquil.


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

IguanasIguanas
Iguanas

Hundreds of Iguanas everywhere!!!!!!!
Alot of stepsAlot of steps
Alot of steps

I dont remember, but this is somehow important to the city ... lol


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0604s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb