Rio Muchacho, ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » West » Canoa
March 15th 2009
Published: March 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Glad to get comments from all of you, thanks, keep them coming, the kids sure are enjoying them!
Sorry to hear about our fish, you can just save it so that when we get back we can make orange fish ceviche (Breana is not glad he's gone!).

So yesterday, Saturday, we took a trip to "Rio Muchacho Eco Farm," with seven other guests from the hostal, what an adventure that was! First, we rode in the back of a minitruck (all 11 of us) for about 45 minutes north and east of Canoa and at one point of the trip, we had a righteous offroad journey (DJ's wording) through a washed out road river crossing, that the truck almost got stuck. Once we got there, we had to put on rubber boots to keep our legs safe from snakes and tarantulas. Then we all got assigned horses, Edgar was our tour guide, Henry had the lead horse, which he had to be careful because his horse did not get along with two other horses, so he had to keep all three horses separated, what a trip that was! I ended up getting off my horse because I was freaked out and the horse sensed it and did not want to walk, so I walked pretty much the whole trip (for 4 hours through a tropical rainforest and looking out for snakes) while the others rode horses to a shack in the middle of no where (just to see monkeys). After a really short hike in to the forest, they got to see howler monkeys (notice, they, I stayed at the shack and recovered from heat exhaustion and did not want to see anything at that point!). I met a ninety plus year old lady, who has never seen a doctor in her life and her health and eye sight as well as her mental status are great. The scenery was unbelievable! On the way back we stopped to cool off at a waterfall (how refreshing that was!). DJ thinks he is a real cowboy now (you should have seen him galloping through the forest, like he had been doing it for years!). On the other hand, Henry is still speaking in a higher tone voice today due to the four hour horse ride (his back is not doing well either). Henry and the kids took a tour of the Eco Farm with about half the group, the rest of us needed to recover. After that, we learned how to make chocolate from the cacao bean to the finished product (sorry Hershey's, you ain't got nothing on the real cacao!). The trip back in our Ecuatorian limo (the back of the truck) was eventful again, it almost flipped over pulling in to the hotel and tossed us around pretty well! Over all, it was exciting, adventurous, and incredibly breathtaking to see more of Ecuador.
So long for now and enjoy the pictures!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



16th March 2009

WOW
This is so interesting reading about your adventures, this is a awsome vacation. I really enjoy reading all about little trips and look forward to the next entry. All of you all stay safe. Love Ya DJ... Where's your surfing pictures? Grandma Sanders
17th March 2009

Jungle Adventure
¡wow! qué aventura. cada uno pareció bien en los caballos. también anna, sin embargo breve. Anna, you sure you’re not a writer. You always make the reader visualize the setting so well. Everyone seems really excited with the many experiences. grandes cuadros. estancia segura. ame a todos.

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.04s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb