flambe´d cat and fish juice


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » West » Canoa
July 4th 2008
Published: July 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hmmm to start off with the giant fire...late one evening just before bed i was wandering some dark dodgy street in San Lorenzo while Kate slept soundly away from the pouring rain,when a rather impressive explosion ripped through the night sky accompanied by an orange glow a few blocks away....so hastily i headed toward the commotion...(no not very smart i understand)
half a market plus a two storey house with an internet cafe completely engulfed in flames.....exploding computer monitors, burning power lines and within minutes the entire village was there watching the spectacular display of electrical fireworks and flames....
90% of the population of african descent cheering and shouting as the firemen attemped to spray water all over the electrical box and power lines....alas a kitty who got well fried in the process was the only casualty...sorry no pictures...
Back in ecuador the pace and price seems alot less ...phew...
starting off at the bus station with the best big sausage i ever had barbequed on a stick with roast potato on top....and mustard...yummmmm
To Kates delight at the end yet another long bus ride we collected our bags from the under compartment to find that her bag was swimming in fish juice...ooohhhhhaaaghhhh hmmmmm
so lots of washing and showers with backpack on later we sat on a beautiful beach (called sua) and drank iced mango smoothies....
oh and in my defence of my so called dodgy walking buddies in cartagena ,one was a third year medical student researching aids in venasweila...no icant spewl a goood as him eiva...and a US goverment servant....humph to dodgy..
Annnnnyway
we are on the pacific coast just south of the equator chasing the sun for a month southward toward santiago...surrounded by jungles and mangroves and little places right on the beach....
there are the odd little bars whom meters apart have five foot speakers playing different music at full volume like a dj that can´t mix...blend bob marley with celine dion then throw in a little ememin and some latin sounding eke eke eke then you get an idea of the pain we are in....
but all´s good there are allways the steven segal movies or a high quality B grade van dam or kurt russell flicks to look forward to on the bus....
we´re going to try go see the humpback whales swimming off the coast, and do some wildlife watching in the national reserve...should be cool..
Girls we were thinking of you in the Mall...bling bling
Wow Nicole you are hard to shop for....lol..Kateand bub are loving the beach and
sunshine,....and yup a bit of seratonin keeps me feeling alive...even though if you all saw me now you´d run the other direction...oi oi oi...
gota fly the man wants to go home now...
love you alllll sooooooo much...see you in a wee while...
Love the three Amigos




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb