South for the winter...arghhhhh


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Antofagasta Region » Calama
July 22nd 2008
Published: July 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

From Ecuadors steaming warmth to the cool desserts of Chile the climate change has been a little of a shock....uuuahhh the cold is something we will have to get used to i suppose..
Chile i always thought would be a little green on the coast yet there is sand sand and more sand...the biggest dunes we've ever seen stretching for 250km or forever...
We Found ourselves in a real Oasis in the south coast of peru.... like something from a tintin comic...oh and got to hold a real megladon tooth...like bigger than my entire hand....
the dunes are subject to an array of loud V8 vehicles without engine covers and sitting atop bundled tourists in racing sets....strange to say the least...sandboarding and sunshine...expensive instant coffee and lots of fossils..
the sunsets are to die for...the bus trips make you want to die...
the duty free shopping is too big to even atempt in five hours...
The desert goes on for days and days... the random beauty and random filth is just so you can all see the underside tooo...I have no idea where the rest of the cow was...the green stream was the view from our window....(cheap though)
and elvis had a big night out after having his new getup and facial....
we had to clean up in the morning....
Iguanas in the park....that are totally patable...guaquails port is somewhat like singapore....
sorry for the huge blog gap...we been on busses for the better part of two weeks...
the Mummies are kinda disturbing...we wnt to the fake minature nazca lines as the others are too big to see...but it's all been amazing...
south for the winter and soooooooo Looking forward to seeing you all again..
Love you alll soo much....
Arahanui...Gav & Kate + one




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.074s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb