hot equatorial sun


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » West » Canoa
January 16th 2007
Published: January 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

well we made it to the coast. from 9, 000+ ft, to sea level it gets a lot warmer. probably atleast high 80´s to 90´s, and the sun is intense...we are already on our second bottle of sunblock and probably will buy another soon!
We learned today from our friend Alex that we saw the Iranian president at the equator. when we were there last week there were a group of well dressed men speaking in a language none of us could recognize, so Alex asked them where they were from. Then a few days ago he saw on the news that the Iranian president was visiting Ecuador and was at the equator. So, at the same time the Iranian president, Peruvian models and us were all at the equator, that will never ever happen again!
We have yet to begin our classes here in Canoa, it is their busy season, so we will begin thursday. All Americans and Canadians. And six of us are from Washington state! But in the meantime we are definitely getting many opportunities to practice. Sometimes we are quite proud of ourselves and other times it is a bit embarrassing, but that is why we are here...and everyone is very nice about how silly we probably sound.
We got our first surfing session in yesterday. The water is so warm and the waves so gentle it was great. Both of us have not surfed for two years, so it was great to be able to go out there and catch some waves with ease.
-now Mattys turn to bla bla bla-
We are staying in a cabana 2 killos from Canoa, which is a tiny surf/fishing town. Those of you who´ve been to Sayulita, ummm, we have the new (fairly gringo free) surf destination. There´s a free pair of $70 sunglasses sitting at the bottom of the ocean here as of yesturday when I dove into the ocean with them on. We are a 15 minute bus ride over a road that in some spots is one rain storm away from falling into the ocean to the town of San Vicente. Small town, but big enough to allow a flamboyant gay guy- good people watchin.
Anyway, where we are staying is pretty chill. We´ve met other travelers, have fires on the beach, hammocks, and, perhaps most dangerous, we have an open beer tab. They provide three meals a day-- everything made from scratch locally. They´re even quite accomodating to the vegetarian breeds (if you don´t mind eggs for all of your protein). I´ve already thrown in the towel to experience the local seafood varieties. Yummy. Until next time mis amigos. Paz

Advertisement



16th January 2007

Don't burn your buns!
Hey kids, Some shark out there is sporting some high end fashion down there! Buy a cheap pair of sunnies and you'll never lose them- it's Murphy's Law! :) While y'all are enjoying some sunny surf, it's a snow blizzard here in P-Town! BRR! Sure am thinking of you on the chilled out beach throwing a cold one back on a hammock- ENJOY!
16th January 2007

YOU ARE HAVING SO MUCH FUN....I HOPE SO, TAKE CARE, STUDY A LOT SPANISH THEN.......... CUANDO VUELVAN PODREMOS HABLAR EN ESPAÑOL. ANTONELLA Y CANELA ESTAN MUY BIEN. ALEX YA LES ENVIO LA CHOMPA YA LA RETIRARON?? ESPERO QUE SI CUIDENSE CHAO NIDIA
17th January 2007

Wasssssssup!!
Glad to here you all made it okay, How was the flight? ANy dangerous encounters yet, Sounds like you all are having a blast. I hope you're taking pics anyway I know you guys are busy but just wanted to drop you a line and see how things wee going, Have Fun and be safe talk to ya later
17th January 2007

Una sol porfavor
Hello can you keep an eye out for my doggie in Ecuador!

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.064s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb