Heading to the Farm


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » South » Loja
September 18th 2008
Published: September 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello,

Today we are taking an overnight bus to Loja, which is in Southern Ecuador. From Loja we will take a bus to Vilcabamba where the farm is located. We packed everything that we brought with us into our packs, which are now stuffed to the brim and look completely ridiculous on our backs.

Yesterday we had quite an experience getting to Otavalo, the textile market. We got onto a bus in Quito and thought we were going to be the only people other than the driver and one other guy. It turns out that the second guy had the job of hanging out the door of the bus for the entire ride, while yelling OTAVALO, OTAVALO! at every person that we passed on the side of the road. Anytime that someone wanted to go to, or in the direction of Otavalo the bus would slow down a bit and allow for the guy to pull the other person onto the moving bus... similarly when someone wanted to get off, he or she would simply jump off the moving bus. Meanwhile the entertainment of watching this was augmented by the movie Pterodactyls playing on the way there and Black Sheep on the way back. Both movies are ridiculous, gory sci-fi horror movies that had been dubbed over into spanish and were playing at a volume that left no option, but to watch them. Anna in particular was very unhappy about having to watch either pterodactyls or rabid sheep-turned minatour people rip apart everyone they encountered.

That being said the market was full of beautifully handcrafted goods, and despite having no room in our packs already we were both convinced to purchase a few alpaca products, by a particularly suave business man.

Since we are heading to the farm it might be a while till our next post. thanks for the messages- its great to hear from everyone.

much love





Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0845s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb