Wrap up


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » South » Huaquillas
August 17th 2007
Published: August 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We're waiting in the Atlanta airport for our final flight home. I've missed a few days of the blog, it's been a real whirwind. We fnished the walls and roof of the church and about 3/4 of the bathroom, so we exceeded our goal and finished at the end of the day on Tuesday. Tuesday night we had a special dedication service with the local church that was just wonderful. The church was apcked, including the Huaquillas TV station interviewed Lenson and Carmen and filmed the bells playing. This church will grow - it's got a great core team, great location and a wonderful neighborhood opportunity. The church was really touched but the gifts and our presence and it was hard to leave. We became really attached to the people of the church. The last day of VBS brought in over 250 kids! It was incredible. Yesterday was a fun relaxing day in Puerto Lopez a number of us to a boat ride to Isla De La Plata to see the famous birds of the Galapagos Islands at about 1/50th of the price. I can't say enough f how proud I am of this group. Most of our days were 17 hour days. There was no downtime, but as aggressive as the schedule was, they met every challenge. We saw first hand the power of God to make this project go forward. Thank you to everyone who supported this project.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Staying calmStaying calm
Staying calm

What else can you do with 250 energetic kids at VBS
Huaquillas TV InterviewHuaquillas TV Interview
Huaquillas TV Interview

Under the lights opening night.
Huaquillas PetsHuaquillas Pets
Huaquillas Pets

Anna ponders bringing home a pet lizard. Holly frees a caged bird for $1
It's done!It's done!
It's done!

Finished and clean, ready for the dedication service!


18th August 2007

Yay!!
Good Work! We have been praying for you! Welcome Home :)

Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0669s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb