2015 KLove Cruise - Jan 10 - 20, 2015


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » South » Cuenca
March 13th 2015
Published: March 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Well, it has been a while since I posted anything. I am sure glad that we are not working down here, because we are too busy to do that. I have dedicated today to catching up on the blog, so you will see three entries today.

First of all is our Cruise to the Bahamas:





In January we took a trip to the States. We flew from Cuenca to Quito, had about a 6 hour layover there, and then we flew to Miami. The Quito airport is brand new, less than a year old. But as you can see by the pictures it has hardly any traffic compared to US airports. Most of the restaurants were American – Outback Steakhouse, Johnny Rockets, etc.



We spent a few days in Miami “trying” to do some shopping. But it was just like being back in Cuenca. Everywhere we went everyone was speaking Spanish. When we went to Home Depot I had to ask five people before I found someone who spoke passable English to get directions to something I was looking for.



Of course we had to have breakfast at the local Cracker Barrel. We also were able to eat at IHop, Denny’s, Red Lobster, TGIFridays and Firehouse Subs.



Then we went on the 2015 KLove Cruise. KLove is a Contemporary Christian Radio Station that we are able to listen to all day long in Cuenca using Roku and a VPN. The five day cruise went to the Freeport, Nassau and Stirrup Cay in the Bahamas. Plus every night after dinner we had a concert with two top named Christian artists. The lineup was Building 429, For King and Country, Colton Dixon, Casting Crowns, Sanctus Real, Chris August, Mandisa, Plumb and the Newsboys.



As a bonus they had Jared Anderson, a painter that rarely uses a brush. He just paints with his hands. By the way, he is a speed painter that also auctions off his creation and donates the money to charity. He has donated over $200,000 from his paintings. There are three pictures of him from the late night entertainment on the top deck and then seven pictures taken from the main stage. From picture 109 to picture 115 it took him 14 minutes and 2 seconds.



We spent an additional three days in Miami after the cruise buying things that are hard to find in Cuenca, such as clothes and shoes that fit us.



We had a wonderful time and it was awesome to see people in line at the buffet singing and praising the Lord along with the music that KLove was broadcasting on the ship’s speaker system.


Additional photos below
Photos: 172, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.269s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0711s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb