Adios Ecuador - Hola Peru


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » South » Cuenca
December 26th 2010
Published: January 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

We loved our stay in Cuenca. Jenny and Chris at the Kookaburra were the perfect people to spend Christmas with. The closest thing to family we could hope for this far away from home. They looked after us and even organised their computer for us to video Skype the family for Christmas morning. We spent most of our last day in Cuenca wandering around the part of the city we hadn't seen, eating and saying goodbye to our lovely hosts. The overnight bus seemed like a good idea and we didn't see any of the dodgy characters or have any of the problems often reported for this crossing - Huaquillas to Tumbes - we did however have to inexplicably wait for almost 2 hours for the officials (one of whom was sleeping and the other chatting up a passenger from our bus) to walk into the office and process our exit from Ecuador. Another wait at the Peru entry but not due to officials, the bus had some kind of brake issues so another hour another bus and finally on our way in Peru.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



1st January 2011

A Nice Day
Christmas Day was fun. Especially children and young people. They are very fond of presents and shopping and tours.

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb