Marijke and Luc


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » South » Cuenca
July 14th 2007
Published: July 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello,

If you want to see a special way of public transport, come to ecuador. Here you have two options, either you buy a ticket in a central station, wait until the bus arrives a quarter late, and step into the bus, or stand along the road and listen to the guy hanging out of the door, shouting to possible passengers in the street al the stops and the endstation, and while the bus slows down and almost stops, you jump in and take a seat, the shouter comes then into the bus to collect the money.

The city of Cuenca is beautifull, with many houses that remain from the colonial time, and reminds us of Spain. We discovered the city on foot, people in Ecuador simply call one of the many taxies, and again very clean people and clean streets, the food is good and cheap ( average for a meal is 10 dollares ).

Meaqnwhile we crossed the border, leaving Ecuador without any problem, crossed the very broad nomansland with a tjoektjoek ( three wheel Honda motor ), and received the right stamps to enter Peru, where we stopped for a day at the beach in Mancora, more choise what to eat, and a wider variety of local bears.

Tonight we hop on a nightbus to Trujillo.

Ciao,

Advertisement



Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1196s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb