Chocolate, Chordeleg and crap English films..!


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » South » Cuenca
May 1st 2007
Published: May 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Lovely lazy Saturday morning chilling with the fam and that general kind of malarky..followed by the equally arduous task of preparing to go out that night before 2pm..seriously its actually not possible! Consequently we were late and once again our poor boys were stood waiting for us at an unfortuantely closed Aboriginal museo..instead we took them all to the Panama hat shop and hat chocolate, coffee and drew pictures on the massive pieces of paper that line the tables. Really cool idea! Ended up designing names and logo´s for Jack´s jazz group who have a gig in a big posh hotel! Wicked!

Had a few drinks in Wunderbar (happy hour!) and played some pool, leaving Jack and Bel there to finish they´re very intense game of chess! We (Me, Kat, Matt and the Sophies) decided to walk to the Sophies house after which took, well longer than planned! And Bel and Jack who took the bus were 20 mins ahead of us!! Crazy! Anyway, we got to Lyn´s hotel eventually, on Ecuadorian time and then after meeting the Liga team - I know how exciting is that, we went and had our lovely, and more importantly, free GAP meal!! Headed off to Euycalyptus after which was once again, quite expensive and well English! Went to bed exhausted!

Up bright and early on Sunday to head out to the "markets" of Chordeleg, which are really just shops based around a small but very pretty square! Spent the last hour ducking in and out of shops so the others wouldn´t spot us and drag us away! Mat was delighted with this as you can imagine! But that was fine, and Kat and I bought several places out of jewels and came back very happy, heavy and pleased that we had worn our hats..! Bus was packed on the way home, and some people had to stand up, fortuntately it was only an hour. Stayed in and watched Match Point in the evening which was nice, and very English!!

Monday night was spent "practising" for my ballet performance which consisted of Me, Kat and Bel watching sleeping with the enemy..oops! Tuesday was a day off again! We made pancakes for brekky, yorkshire puds for lunch and then watched A Beautiful Mind which involved a lot of crying and general heartache - brilliant!!! Off to Quito for the weekend for Soph´s birthday, should be good!!


Advertisement



11th May 2007

We want more pictures
Lou, loving all the stuff you are putting on your blog, but we want to see more pictures. Hope all is going well Love Helen Gerry and Oli

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb