The Fine Art of Fundraising - Success Stories Welcomed


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North
September 15th 2009
Published: September 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The Art of Fundraising The Art of Fundraising The Art of Fundraising

Any professional fundraisers out there with a bit of advice?
If you've read our first blog entry "The Fundraising begins in Earnest", you know that we've made substantial progress on raising funds for our 4-month trip to South America (Ecuador and Peru)...but, that we also have quite a ways to go to where we need to be.

Aside from all of the wonderful projects we've been involved with so far (community yard sale, summer camp, leasing out our property for camps, craft fairs), we've also been writing to our family and friends about our trip. We are definitely novices in the field of fundraising and feel a bit squeamish about outright asking for money for out trip. Don't know why really, suppose it feels a little like begging or something. On the other hand, I do think that some people are naturally drawn to a cause and because they may not be able to go travelling or volunteering on their own, look at another's trip in a vicarious way.

I'd like to solicit anyone's input on successful ways you've either raised, or thought about raising money for worthy causes. I've delved lightly into researching the availability of grant or foundation money, but as we're not affiliated with a non-profit organization on our end of the globe, there's not so much available. I did contact both Olympus and Sony, to see whether they had any shelved, outdated digital cameras for donation. I only received polite letters of "I'm sorry to inform you...."

We welcome your thoughts, ideas, connections and support.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.204s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb