planning


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Quito
August 26th 2009
Published: August 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well the altiude sickness has worn off mostly.. heart pounded when I ran up the stairs to shower..but thats about it.
Having a frustratiing day trying to find out how to get places etc but my spanish is bad and noone including tourist info or hostel staff speaks english so it can be difficult to say the least! Ive got some phone calls to make later and that should be even more challenging!!

Yesterday I booked a jungle expedition thing...so Im getting the bus to lago agrio tonight. It was a hard decision..you either arrive in the small hours of the morning or you leave at eleven pm and travel through the night. Neither option is particularly appealing when your destination is just short of the colombian border!

Apparently there will be other gringos on the bus destined for the same trip as me so it should be ok,, but almost every group i have talked to have had something stolen in buses/terminals etc..so Im nervous...niot to mention the COlombian border. I did consider a trip into Colombia but it would be for the sake of it so its probably an uneccessary risk.

but anyway, not wanting to waste any time (ive just realised how much there is to do and I need all this tiome to be holiday not silly hospital work to do it all) I am noiw in the process of trying to book something on the coast for the day after but every where is booked cos its humpback whale watching season which is precisely why i want to go..and some relaxing on a nice beach too, as thats what most people are doiing on their elective..
so im going to get back to doing that.
*fruit is cool---ive eayen a mandarin the sizze of a grape fruit and with dark green skin, and grenadillas so far
*the teethsucking of men here is REALLY REALLY rritating
*met nice english girls last night and witnessed the excitement and passion thatr goes into watching a south american football match


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb