Happy Hour - at Last!


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Quito
July 24th 2007
Published: March 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We took a rather short ride to Café Cita - our hostel, and later realised how short the distance actually was from the bus station! Our taxi driver had managed to devise a devious detour to get us to our nearby hostel! Unfortunately no double rooms available, so we had to settle for a 4-bed dorm. I think one of the hardest parts of travelling is having to share rooms with complete strangers, however some of the best friendships we have made so far, have been through sharing dorms! Room unavailable until 4pm, so bags into storage under the stairs. Decided to increase our much-depleted energy, and enjoyed an omelette, and freshly squeezed passion fruit juice.

Then we wandered around the Mariscal Sucre neighbourhood, visited a host of tour agencies, and decided to book a tour to the Amazon, as we have been missing the rainforest since Borneo! We can't come this far and not see some of this incredible rainforest. Stumbled across an ethical chocolate café, couldn't resist. Sampled the strange yoka chips, and caught up on some desperately required laundry. Then we returned back to the hostel for happy hour, pisco sours - our favourite local delicacy. A very noisy night in hostel, also a hangout for local people.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 16; qc: 80; dbt: 0.0925s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb