quito


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Quito
June 14th 2007
Published: June 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well Quito...
we got in and stayed at a place because it was run by a Canadian... which was a bit of a mistake the loudest place I have ever been... so needless to say we found another option the next day... after moving our stuff we went on a wild chase around town to the Canadian embassy to see if we'll need a visa for Venezuela but they can't comment on another country's policies and sent us on our way to the Venezuelan embassy... finding it (way out of town) we signed that we wanted visas to the guard and he just wrote an address down for us... so we went to the other embassy or consulate not too sure and turns out that we don't need a visa... we think so nice one down off to brasil.... getting there we got the forms and spent the rest of the day getting awful photos for the visa and wandering around... on our wanders we happened to pass a video store and on closer inspection they had DVDs of TV shows... so I walked out of there with 45ish Simpson’s DVDs... and not enough space in my bag for clothes but who needs clean clothes when you've got the Simpson’s... so I’m hoping that A they work in Canada... which I think they should... and B the jerks at the Canadian boarder don't take them...
so the next day with a smile on my face we dropped off our visa applications and went to the teliferico which is a tram which runs up one of the hills around Quito and got a pretty nice view of it all... coming down we went through old town and walked through some churches and up the basilica which included a tower which scared the crap out of us all but again we had a nice view... though our tears...
That night walking though town we randomly bumped into a girl who we did the Inca trail with so spent the night telling stories and drinking mojitos...
Next day we got out visas... which for future travellers to brasil could be done with a dot-matrix printer saving you 40 dollars...
not sure if all these events are in order... as I think I’m missing a day but anyways... we flew to the Galapagos today and spent the afternoon napping on the beach... we hop on our boat tomorrow and are looking forward to it... but no internet for the next little while but will update when we get back...

Salute

Lyle

PS happy fathers day on Sunday dad... and all you other fathers out there


Advertisement



15th June 2007

howdy
hey lyle sketchy visas are a riot -- and the simpsons?!! that is awesome! i've been hanging in snidney for the past week, keeping your mom company and playing at Buddies with dolls and dress up sections. I haven't spoken to any customers so its been great! did the market last night with the braden ladies and we all bought jelwellry. oh and your mom bought a hat (that fits) so heads up for future family outings to the beach, she will be sporting a hat......... your dad is picking me up in PR on Saturday, he has been painting up there and adding baseboards I think. have also bonded with lucy fur - what a sweet cat! ok have fun on the galapagos - that is pretty damm awesome love LB xo

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb