Otavalo


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Otavalo
November 20th 2009
Published: November 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We got a wonderful hostel with a courtyard full of hammocks and flowers. There is even an outdoor fireplace to celebrate Oliver's birthday! The Saturday market was intense, so many beautiful things to buy, so little room in our packs. We went up to animal market, which is a much more local activity, and saw all sorts of creatures, from chickens and guinea pigs to kittens and giant hogs. They were in every sort of container imaginable. Some were horribly crowded and ill treated, while others were carried in their owners arms and looked to be fairly content. Very interesting indeed.

I had a crazy time trying to prepare for Oliver's 27th birthday, and after sneaking things into the room behind his back, I finally hinted very strongly that he needed to take a shower already, then RAN like the crazy gringo girl I am down the street looking everywhere for cake! I finally prevailed and even made it back in time to surprise him with candles and balloons floating willy nilly about the room. Happy birthday Oliver!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

KittensKittens
Kittens

To be used for....?


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb