To the middle of the Earth


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Mitad del Mundo
May 30th 2008
Published: May 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 3

We spent the entire morning doing pretty much nothing as we had to wait for our room transfer (to a much smaller room). At least we got a bed and a blanket!

Finding a travel adapter was a bit of mission, we started off at KIWI the South American version of Wallmart.....where you can find anything! This was all in the search to power Pooja's Mp3 player!

In the end we gave up and got on the Trolebus to La Y central where we changed buses to Cotocollao, where we changed buses again to get to Mitad Del Mundo. Although we aren't quite sure we felt like we were taken around the long way and also hustled for the price! Funnily enough we got the same bus driver on the way back! Always doubt how much the bus conductor charges you! There were no other tourists on this bus and it was heading for the North of Quito! We got a little (yes just a little) lost but managed to find our way with broken spanish!

The actual monumnet was standard but it was fun taking typical tourist photos! We got back to the hostel around 6.30 in time for our free Empanadas (Traditional Ecuadorian food) and a mingle session with fellow travellers in our hostel.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb