My bagpack is back :-) !


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Mitad del Mundo
April 3rd 2007
Published: April 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Went to the airport again this morning, wasn´t sure if my bagpack had arrived, but fortunately it did... I was pretty sure it was left behind in Amsterdam and that they would put it on the next plane, but you can never be entirely sure so now I am still quite relieved.

In the meantime met with my travelgroup for the coming 36 days... A lot of Brits (never get rid of them :-)), some people from New Zealand and a very German guy... Overall a pretty good group i think - more people will join underway in Lima, Peru.

After coming back from the airport we went with a couple of people to ´Mitad del Mundo´which is the equator line (Ecuador is named after this). Funny thing is that they make you do some exercises which demonstrate the physical consequences of standing on the northern or southern hemisphere or straight on the equator line... Quite unique experience.

Afterwards it was the plan to do a walk around a volcanoe crater but it was really raining heavily and very foggy so we couldn´t see a thing ! Well, at least we tried.. So we returned earlier than expected to Quito and now I am having a cafe au lait in a popular Internet cafe, which gives me the opportunity to update this blog !

The weather seems to be really great each morning but deteriorating in the afternoon, followed by rain. So the morning is definitely the time to do the main activities...

Tomorrow we´re off into the Amazon jungle. Some canoeing and wildlife-watching. Apparently it will be quite hot there, so looking forward to my first tropical experience.

Take care everybody and looking forward to the next opportunity to update you on my great experiences !

Marieke



Advertisement



4th April 2007

Hola
Hola, chica! Glad you made it there ok... and that your bagpack reached you as well... Keep having fun and updating us with your stories, Un besito, A

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb