Santa Cruz


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Galápagos » Santa Cruz Island
November 13th 2009
Published: November 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

All islands in the Galapagos are a short boat ride apart, so day and weekend trips are easily arranged. My first trip was to Santa Cruz, which is one of the 4 inhabited islands and is the most highly established of those. It was about 4 times the size of San Cristobal, giving tourists much more access to hotels, restaurants, and daily activities.

A group of my friends and I rented a boat to take us sport fishing. Around 11am I managed to reel in a 35 pound tuna fish, and by 2pm we were eating homemade sushi and tuna heart. We continued to troll around the island of Santa Fe, taking frequent swimming and suntanning breaks. We caught 7 fish throughout the whole day, and mine ended up being the biggest! That night we took our fish to a local restaurant that will prepare your fish for you, and 3 of our 7 fish fed 25 people!


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



17th November 2009

Next fishing trip for your dad!!!!
Nora, I can just picture your dad planning a different fishing trip next year(or earlier) That must have been exciting to catch something that big!!! I'm so happy to be able to read about your experiences in South America!!Enjoy it all and God Bless!!
17th November 2009

bah
35 pounds, thats nothing, i once caught a 3.5 fish now that was a struggle....:P PS. good job...you make me proud... and the vally well its proud too
17th November 2009

Loaves and the Fishes
fed that may people with how many fish??? you and your friends are such great providers - God is good!
23rd November 2009

The fish in the Madawaska will never be safe again! You certainly did fry the big one! Way to go!!!!!!!!

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb