Settling in just fine


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » East » Tena
March 4th 2010
Published: March 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We've explored Tena pretty thoroughly and feel very comfortable. Have found a lovely pool, and we had a terrific day river rafting. The guide was very professional and safe, but added lots of fun to it as well. We screamed some, paddled lots, surfed behind some huge rocks, landed high and dry on some rocks, pulled the nose of the boat straight up to the sky for awhile, and more!
The guys have gone off for their week of volunteering at the animal center. It's only 20 minutes away but they start at 6:30 Am and since there's housing and meals available, they stay out Sun-Friday. Steven certainly was thrilled at the idea of feeding the crocodiles, boa constrictors and lions! (African lions, kept as pets till they're too big) Sounds like they've got hard work to do too.
The girls and I are at an after school enrichment program for needy kids. It's somewhat chaotic, but we are starting to get the hang of it. We go from 11AM till 5pm and we're pretty exhausted. Lisa and I walked through a school yard tonight trying to find some musician we could hear, and ended up getting asked by a teacher to help his English class. They were 18 or 19 year olds, very polite, and for about 10 minutes we answered questions. It was fun but Lisa found it a little overwhelming.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0695s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb